Apple Crumb Pie

This is my apple crumb top pie from October, when I had an overflow of apples. This was so yummy that I made it again for x-mas dinner at my parents house. It should be noted that this was before I cut wheat/gluten from my diet so it was not allergy friendly! But I think it could be easily converted to wheat free.

Everyone seems to enjoy crumbly brown sugar goodness with their apples. There isn't an official recipe, seeing as how it was a conglomeration of pie recipes. Also I haven't experimented with any gluten free pie dough mixes, but its on that foodie to-do list.

I don't have any proportions, this was made with a variety of sweet orchard apples, and the second time with granny smiths.

Apples peeled & cut 6-10? depending on size
1 lemon
Cinnamon
nutmeg
1/2 cup white sugar
brown sugar
oat meal
cold butter 1 stick
couple of tablespoons flour ( g/f all purpose flour)

toss the apples with lemon juice, white granulated sugar, and cinnamon
prepare 1 pie crust for bottom of pie pan
about a cup or more oat meal, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutme, flour, cube the butter and fork it into the oatmeal mixture making crumbs, make sure its enough for a good layer on the top

spread crumbs over apples in pie pan, bake for 40 minutes at 350 -yum

0 comments:

Post a Comment