Bird List


I may not have a big window or nice porch to watch my bird feeder from but that doesn't keep me from peering out my window like a kid in a candy store. "Ooo honey! look!" Or from trying to take pictures with my finicky digital camera through my dirty windows!

My main source of all bird knowledge is from my mother. "Hey mom, there's this bird with these markings, what is it? " I also suggest for those without an encyclopedic mother is this website Cornell Lab of Ornithology . Its a great source for all things bird.

Thus far the bird list includes:
Dark-eyed junco (slate colored)
Dark-eyed junco (white winged)
Black-capped Chickadee
Hawk
Robins
Northern Cardinal
House Finch
House Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow
Starlings

The Robins are very exciting to see, they flock together in the winter, we think they must be Canadian Robins,I never normally see them during the winter. Very cool!

0 comments:

Post a Comment